Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

I know I don't say this enough, but I have the best wife in the world. Today we celebrated Mother's Day in our own understated way. Church, lunch, naps and then a bike ride in downtown Louisville. One of the things that I appreciate about her most is she is so easy to please. Karen and Nathan rode their bikes and I pulled Katie and Ben in the bike trailer (Katie said it was her present to mom to "watch" Ben). We rode for only a couple of miles before stopping at the McAlpine Lock and Dam for a quick look at a barge going through. It really means a lot to me to have a wife that puts priorities on things like our children and me instead of so many other things that the world says we need. A simple day dedicated to a simple woman who is the love of my life. Thanks Karen.

No comments: